The awning blind for OPTILIGHT and FAKRO roof windows:
- provides optimum protection from overheating while, at the same time providing a view to the outside;
- reflects sun rays before they reach the glass and thus protects against heat build-up on sunny days;
- provides relief for the eyes and protection from the harmful effects of strong reflected light, which is especially important when working with computers
How does awning blind work?
Roof window with no accessories g = 61% ( 0,61) according to EN 410
Roof window with blackount blind installed g = 37% (0,37) acording to EN 13363-1
Roof window with awning blind mounted
(depending on fabric used) g = 4-14% (0,04 − 0,14) according to EN 13363-1
How is the awning blind built?
The awning blind for OptiLight and FAKRO roof windows is made of durable, weather-resistant fibre glass fabric. The fabric is roller mounted, spring loaded and fitted inside an aluminium casing which is installed at the top of the window. This enables easy control of the blind and makes it possible to use a wider fabric, thus providing additional protection against ingress of light.
To control the blind an 80cm long rod is supplied in package. There is also available a rod ZSZ which is 150 cm long.
Important note about compatibility with OPTILIGHT roof windows
This product is compatible with OPTILGHT B, OPTILIGHT VB, OPTILIGHT TLP and OPTILIGHT TLP-V U4 roof windows.
This awning blind is not compatible with OPTILGHT VK and OPTILIGHT VKB top-hung windows.
Important note about compatibility with FAKRO roof windows
This awning blind is designed for centre-pivot and top-hung-and-pivot windows. For roof windows FEP, FKP and FKU FAKRO provides THIS VERSION OF AWNING BLIND.
Characteristic of the awning blind for OPTILIGHT roof windows:
- the best protection from the heat;
- effective shading of the room whilst still allowing some light in;
- comfortable use – we can cover the window for a whole summer without the need to roll it up and down every day;
- easy installation – we install the blind from the inside (unscrew four screws and then rescrew them again in the same holes);
- protection from harmful UV radiation,when used in rainy weather, reduces noise of rain and hailstones.
How to check size and type of roof window?
The size of e.g. 78x118 cm applies to roof window's size! The blind itself is smaller. Window's size can be found on the nameplate located at the top of the window. There is no need to measeure the window. Just read the size from the nameplate and order accessories in the corresponding size.
Fabric of awning blind for OPTILIGHT and FAKRO roof windows
- Relative fabric transparency: 10%
- Color: graphite
How to mount awning blind on OPTILIGHT roof window:
- FAKRO roof windows
- OptiLight roof windows
- Aron roof windows
- Artens roof windows