Vinyl coated glass fibre mesh - for the reinforced layer (base coat) installation, to be embedded in the adhesive layer during installation of thermal insulation systems both with polystyrene and mineral wool.
The main characteristics
- resistant to alkali
The main parameters
- density: 165 g/m²
- width: 1.0 m
- Durable – consists of interlacing weft and warp yarns creating strong gauze weave, providing the mesh with high mechanical resistance and preventing the yarns from slipping out of position.
- Flexible – ensures compensation of thermal and mechanical deformations the thermal insulation system is subject to during operation, prevents formation of cracks in the façade layers and enables obtaining of stable substrate for the rendering coat.
- Resistant to alkali – the yarns are protected against aggressive alkali present in adhesive mortars, by immersion in acrylic bath.
Important technical information
- The properties of the mesh are fully utilized when it is applied together with the other elements of the system in accordance to its execution technology.
- The mesh has to be stored in vertical position, in dry, airy rooms, away from heating devices.
Note: The mesh must not be exposed to direct sunshine and atmospheric factors.
Base coat installation
The base coat (reinforced layer) installation can commence after the adhesive used for fixing the thermal insulation boards has properly set and additional mechanical fixings have been installed (usually after three days). Apply the adhesive evenly over the whole surface of thermal insulation and embed consecutive strips of mesh into it. Put the mesh strips vertically – from top to bottom. It is most convenient to press the mesh into the adhesive in a few spots only and then embed the whole strip using a notched trowel. Properly set mesh should be embedded in the adhesive layer not deeper than a half of the layer thickness and therefore be completely invisible under the surface of the adhesive and should not contact the surface of the boards. The base coat should be ca. 3 mm thick and be a continuous layer, i.e. consecutive strips should be applied with at least 10 cm overlap both vertically and horizontally and 15 cm overlap at the corners. The overlaps of the mesh cannot correspond with the joints between polystyrene boards. After embedding the mesh, carefully float the adhesive layer with a smooth steel float.
roll of 50 m
No posts found