The main characteristics
- no slip or full spreading beneath a tile
- foot traffic and grouting just after 12 hours
- for floating, thin- and thick-coat application
- for difficult substrates, inc. concrete, terrazzo, old tiles and OSB
Unique gel technology
The siliceous gel offers exceptional ability of water retention. It fills the pores formed at the stage of adhesive setting by the net of inorganic bindings. The accumulation of mixing water ensures full cement hydration, regardless the cladding type in use. Owing to the appropriate water management, which is necessary for the binding process completion, gel adhesive assures full adhesion to substrates of various absorptiveness level.
- possibility of fixing cladding of any type, both absorbable and non-absorbable
- possibility of optimum adaptation of the adhesive consistency to individual contractor’s preferences and actual needs resulting from particular use, by dosing water within a range much wider than in case of traditional adhesives,
- safe cladding fixing on substrates exposed to direct sunshine, both during tiling and the adhesive setting (e.g. on balconies, terraces, etc.),
- full adhesive spreading beneath the tiles, which improves adhesion and bond durability, particularly in case of outdoor use.
Wide range of adhesive thickness (2-15 mm) enables:
- thin-coat cladding fixing on even substrates,
- thin-coat cladding fixing on uneven substrates, preceded by substrate floating,
- thick-coat cladding fixing on uneven substrates, with no need of substrate floating.
No cladding slip – enables fixing the cladding “from the top” with no need of support at the fixing stage.
Foot traffic and grouting just after 12 hours - owing to accelerated adhesive setting and drying process.
Fixing ceramic and stone cladding.
|TYPE OF FIXED CLADDING||POSSIBILITY OF USE|
|Marble/ natural stone cladding insusceptible to discolouration
Fliesen aus Marmor / Naturstein1
|Glass mosaic *||+|
|Glass tiles *||+|
|Concrete/ cement tiles||+|
|Laminated porcelain-gres tiles||Use ATLAS PLUS|
|Insulation and acoustic panels|
1 if in doubt conduct an application test.
Fixing small, medium and large size claddings.
|SIZE OF FIXED ELEMENTS||POSSIBILITY OF USE|
|Small and medium size tiles (< 0.1 m²)||+|
|Large size tiles (< 0.25 m²)||+|
|Very large size tiles (> 0.25 m²)||Use ATLAS PLUS|
Fixing the cladding on horizontal and vertical surfaces, indoors and outdoors.
|BUILDING TYPE||POSSIBILITY OF USE|
|Public access, healthcare||+|
|Commercial and service||+|
|Industrial construction||Atlas Plus verwenden|
|PLACE TYPE||POSSIBILITY OF USE|
|Kitchen, bathroom, laundry, garage||+|
|Terraces, balconies, loggia||+|
|Showers, washes, rooms washed with plenty of water||+|
|Rooms of small and medium operational loads in any building type||+|
|Façades (incl. ETICS systems)||Use ATLAS PLUS|
|Technological tanks, pools, fountains, jacuzzi, balneotechnology (with no aggressive chemicals in use)|
|IDrinking water reservoirs|
Fixing the cladding on standard substrates.
|SUBSTRATE TYPE||POSSIBILITY OF USE|
|Cement screeds and mortars||+|
|Cement, cement-lime and gypsum plasters||+|
|Walls made of cellular concrete||+|
|Walls made of silicate brick or hollow blocks||+|
|Floors made of wood, OSB, dry gypsum screed||+|
|Steel, plastic substrates||+|
Fixing the cladding on deformable substrates or, so called, difficult substrates.
|SUBSTRATE TYPE||POSSIBILITY OF USE|
Elastic and rigid damp proofing, e.g. WODER S, WODER E, WODER W or WODER DUO
|Dry substrates made of gypsum boards||+|
|Screeds (cement and anhydrite) with water and electric heating system embedded||+|
|Screeds with heating mats embedded in the adhesive||+|
|Plasters with wall heating system||+|
|Existing ceramic and stone cladding (“tile on tile”) [indoors only]||+|
|Concrete resin lacquers bonded with the substrate||+|
|Dispersion, oil paints bonded with the substrate||+|
|Mineral, dispersion and reactive sealing coats||+|
|Wooden floors (thick. >25 mm)||+|
|OSB/3 and OSB/4 and chipboards on floors (thick. >25 mm)||+|
|OSB/3 and OSB/4 and chipboards on walls (thick. >18 mm)||+|
|Metal and steel surfaces||Use ATLAS PLUS|
|Mastic asphalt screeds|
ATLAS GEOFLEX is manufactured as a dry mix of the highest quality cement binder, aggregates and specially selected modifying agents: natural and synthetic.
|Mass bulk density (after mixing)||ca. 1,60 kg/dm3|
|Mixing proportions (water/dry mix)||0.26 – 0.33L per 1 kg
6.50 – 8.25L per 25 kg
|Min./max. bed thickness||2 mm / 15 mm|
|Adhesive preparation temperature, substrate
and ambient temperature during work
|from +5°C to +35°C|
|Maturing time||5 minutes|
|Pot life*||aprrox. 4 hours|
|Open time*||min. 30 minutes|
|Tile adjustment time*||20 minutes|
|Floor access/ Grouting*||after 12 hours|
Full load – foot traffic*
|after 3 days|
|Full load – vehicle traffic*||after 14 days|
|Floor heating (warm surface)*||after. 14 days|
The time shown in the table is recommended for the application in the temperature 23°C and humidity 55% (approx.).
Atlas Geoflex conforms to PN-EN 12004 + A1:2012 standard for C2TE class adhesive. EC Declaration of Performance No. 186/CPR.
|PN-EN 12004 + A1:2012
(EN 12004:2007 + A1:2012)
|Cement-based adhesive of enhanced parameters,
extended open time and reduced slip
for indoor and outdoor use,
for walls and floors
Reaction to fire – class
- initial adhesion
|Durability - adhesion after:
- thermal ageing
- water immersion
- freeze-thaw cycles
≥ 1.0 N/mm²
≥ 1.0 N/mm²
≥ 1.0 N/mm²
|Open time - tensile adhesion after time not shorter than 30 minutes||≥ 0.5 N/mm²|
|Slip||≤ 0.5 mm|
|Release - hazardous substances||See: Safety Data Sheet|
The product has been given the Radiation Hygiene Certificate.
- Improved cementitious (C2)
- Reduced slip (T)
- Extendend open time (E)
- Kitchen, bathroom, laundry, garage
- Balconies, loggias
- Elevations (including insulation systems)
- Cladding of building plinths
- Showers, car washes, etc.
- Public facilities
- Commercial and service facilities
- Glazing tiles
- Stoneware wall tiles
- Ceramic mosaic
- Concrete tiles, cement mortar tiles
- up to 0,1 m2
- up to 0,25 m2