ATLAS POSTAR 20 - fast-drying cement subfloor (10 - 80 mm)
Creates subfloor of thickness 10 - 80 mm - the layer thickness depends on the structural arrangement (table below).
Recommended for use in residential and public access buildings.
Suitable for floor heating systems embedding - does not require the use of plasticizing agents, conducts heat well.
Enables to execute slopes and to repair concrete surfaces, stairs, slabs, screeds.
The main characteristics
- fast-drying - work can be continued after 5 days
- foot traffic after 24 hours
- limited linear shrinkage
- high compressive strength: >20 N/mm²
- for places exposed to permanent dampness
Types of finishing layers
- ceramic and stone tiles,
- PVC flooring,
- carpet flooring,
- floor panels.
Types of possible arrangements
- bonded floor - thickness 10 - 80 mm – substrate of good quality concrete, cement screed (with or without floor heating)
- on separation layer - thickness 35 - 80 mm – when the substrate is of poor quality, not guaranteeing proper adhesion - dusty, cracked, oil soaked, dirty, very absorbable; the separation layer can consist of, e.g. PE foil 0.2 mm thick
- floating - thickness 40 - 80 mm – installed onto thermal or acoustic insulation of: expanded polystyrene of proper hardness, floor hardened panels of mineral wool, etc.
- heating – the layer thickness over the heating layer should be at least 35 mm
Fast-drying - the residual moisture content for subfloor thickness of 4 cm is reduced to less than 3% after 5 - 6 days from application (in standard conditions).
Thick plasticity - the mortar is easy to spread, float and allows to reach even surface (horizontal or with a slope).
Compressive strength: ≥ 20.0 N/mm2.
Flexural strength: ≥ 4.0 N/mm2.
Very low linear shrinkage - minimum changes in linear dimensions during drying (ca. 0.6 mm/rm) minimise the danger of cracking.
The average consumption is 20 kg of mortar for 1 m² for each 10 mm of layer thickness.
Paper bags: 25 kg
Pallet: 1050 kg in 25 kg bags
- Indoor (dry rooms)
- Indoor (wet rooms)
- Tiles fixing
- Installation of panels or carpet flooring
- Screeds with heating