Standard HOT DOTTED expanded polystyrene recommended for insulating roofs, ceilings and floors. STANDARD roof and floor expanded polystyrene carries mechanical loads of up to 1.8 t/m².
EPS technical data:
- thickness - from 20-300 mm
- length 1000 mm
- width 500 mm
- bending strength level BS100 ≥ 100 kPa
- Compressive stress at 10% relative deformation CS(10)60 ≥ 60 kPa
- declared thermal conductivity ratio λD at a temperature of 10°C - 0,040 W/(m*K)
- fire reaction class E
- does not contain substances hermful to health and the environment
- does not destroy the ozone layer, contains only permitted biocides
- produced according to requirements of the standard PN-EN ISO 14021:2016-06
- ground floors in residential, public and industrial buildings with small loads
- floors with underfloor heating systems
- floors on all kinds of rigid ceiling structures
- floors of public buildings
- flat roofs
- external ceilings
- light structure roofs (trapezoid metal sheet roofs)
- verandas, balconies
How to install polystyrene boards
EPS boards should be applied in accordance with the best building practice and the guidelines contained in the construction design. The basic guidelines for laying the thermal insulation of floors and ceilings are as follows: make sure that the screed is flat and dry, otherwise level it out. The floors on the ground require a moisture barrier (in the form of tar paper, PE film, bituminous, water-based sealants). In ceilings between floors, apply a separating layer of PE film. Where the floor meets the wall, use an expansion jointing tape. Start laying the boards in the corner and place the first row of boards from the wall by pushing them against the expansion jointing tape. Subsequent rows should be laid in offset configuration, avoiding the crossing of board joints. When all insulation is in place (can be in two or more layers), spread a PE film with a minimum of 0.2 mm in thickness, to protect the board joints from moisture and penetration of the screed into the spaces between the EPS boards. Where water-based floor heating is used, install the heating cables with suitable clips on the boards on which the PE film is already spread. Please note that the thickness of the screed needs to be increased by the outer diameter of the floor heating cables.
Packaging, storage, transport of EPS
STANDARD roof/floor boards are supplied in the original manufacturer's packaging only. The label on the packaging contains the following information: product name, manufacturer's name and factory name, production date, Standard EN 13163 number, code according to this standard, declared technical characteristics.
STANDARD roof/floor boards should be stored in a manner to protect them against damage and weather conditions.
Thermal resistance of the EPS for ROOFS & FLOORS
No posts found